University Sector Clients (US, EU, East Asia, Australia)
A continuous string of diverse university clients largely interested in expanding operations, enrollments, programming, career services and research around the world, and more specifically to gain a foothold across emerging education economies. Requirements range from new market assessment and existing program/enrollment analysis to partnership feasibility, strategic prioritization, and online v on-ground expansion options.
- Provide market mapping based on proprietary data sourcing and analysis (primary and secondary research)
- Deliver strategic advice through research/analytics, evaluation of existing assets/programs/brand, and develop entry and expansion strategies.
- Devise and support the execution of partnership models that include deal structuring, modelling, regulatory compliance and negotiation.
Government/Multilateral Agency (Emerging Asia, Africa, Latin America)
Client was government agency with global remit for education and foreign policy worldwide. Required assessment of learning markets across Emerging Markets to evaluate future resource and capital allocation, bid processes for public sector work, and to validate English language demand and investment within the private sector.
- Participated in primary and secondary research efforts leading to comprehensive report.
- Led workshops to evaluate report findings.
- Provide a final set of medium and long-term recommendations for the government.
Fortune 2000 Company (Australia, China)
Client is a leader in international student education with significant presence in Australia and China but lacked strategy for post-graduate employment prospects. Maintaining competitive advantage though more innovative offerings and potential strategic partnerships was an imperative.
- Macro and labor market analysis and forecasts used to develop optimal partnership opportunities.
- On-ground primary interviews and data collection with potential partners and stakeholders.
- Delivered set of options including organic expansion into China and investment opportunities.
Leading Australian Digital Education Group (Australia, Asia, US)
Client opted for sale to PE investors but valuation of the underlying business was opaque, difficult to determine within market context, and inhibiting early investment negotiations. This required defining the value of the business by forecasting and validating revenue segments, competitor market share, and company strategy.
- Conducted independent revenue forecast and valuation of multiple business segments and competitors.
- Created a set of valuation metrics based on quant modelling with stakeholder input and discussion.
- Validated company valuation as part of sale process.
Leading Global Business School (EU, Emerging Markets)
Client is leading European business school exploring online options to expand into global education markets.
- Deep-drive research to provide a comprehensive picture of global delivery models, pricing, demand, and forecasts for variables to 2030.
- Developed a country/segment scoring matrix to prioritize initial expansion options.
- Recommended commercial launch at variable levels of financial commitment and expected ROI
FTSE-Listed 100 Company (UK, EU, Middle East, Asia)
Client is a UK-based leader with an interest in entering multiple global digital markets but without a viable analytical process to evaluate countries and market segments. To evaluate partnerships more systematically, they required a more disciplined, evidence based process.
- Created a customized set of data screens based on discuss criteria to evaluate global market entry.
- Ran numerous iterations of the model to drive internal client decision-making, leading to eventual strategic pathway.
- Provided clear strategic direction and execution/partner support as process unfolded.
International Education Company (US, Asia)
Client is a leading Australia education company with significant footprint in global university marketplaces. Desire to enter adjacent student markets at K12 level which required a new approach to services, branding and strategy.
- Delivered a comprehensive data analysis of existing market to determine future demand sizing and opportunities within the segment.
- Created revenue forecasts based on multiple scenarios.
- Developed and presented strategic entry options including M&A targets and organic growth channels.
Leading Chinese Digital Services Group (China, US)
Client is one of China’s largest online education groups in preparation for IPO. Required independent analysis and forecast of market as part of the IPO documents, as well as competitive review for potential public market investors.
- Created a comprehensive research and analytics model to evaluate China’s education market and its various demographics, sub-segments and income.
- Clarified client positioning in terms of overall market share and potential strategic additions.
- Formulated a post-listing option set for expansion domestically and overseas.