Global testing assessment/career tech venture (China, Global)
Client is one of the world’s largest ELT testing and assessment groups applied to workforce and high school/college markets. Repositioning for accelerated growth in selected global market channels prior to sale.
- Full segment analysis, global forecast, valuation
- Reorientation of strategic resources
- Accelerated market entry in China and other EMs.
Fortune 500 company and industry leader (China, Emerging Asia)
Client is one of the world’s largest education companies but lacked presence internationally, particularly in Asia. Early need for detailed market and options analysis, buy-out and investment strategy, and execution support.
- Launched EM analysis of segments, companies against inventory of current operations
- Divestment of ventures in China/India leading to reorganized strategy and launch of new initiatives
- Provided corporate development strategy and execution support on multiple M&A opportunities in terms of sourcing, negotiation, deal structure, financial analysis.
Mid-Market Company in K12 Services (US, China, Korea)
Client has a strong presence in US market with interest to extend business model into China and Korea, sourcing initial partners but lacking strategic direction, partnership model and means to complete a viable licensing deal.
- Provided a competitor licensing analysis across China and Korea.
- Forecast growth across new business segments based on alternative cooperative arrangements.
- Created an in-country licensing financial model to test assumptions and provide a roadmap for negotiations leading to partnership.
Career Technology Company in Higher Education (US, Global)
Client within career/HR technology sector presented with a buy-out opportunity. Valuation and post-investment strategy and integration with other business segments was unclear.
- Acquisition valuation leading to successful buy-out.
- Post-investment development of new technology and product strategy around analytics and statistical analysis.
- Execution and corporate development lead.
Technology start-up focused on HR and TalentTech segment (US)
Client is interested in incubating and launching a technology start-up focused on algorithmic matching of people with defined career paths. Pre-concept stage existed but with no commercialization plan or validation of market opportunity.
- Analyzed existing technologies and competitors within a range of potential market segments in the US market.
- Developed comprehensive venture structure, entry strategy, go-to-market execution plan.
- Supported beta activities and created a path to commercialization.
Australian Mid-Market Company (US, Australasia)
Client is a leading Australia education company with significant footprint in global university marketplaces. Desire to enter adjacent student markets at K12 level which required a new approach to services, branding and strategy.
- Delivered a comprehensive data analysis of existing market to determine future demand sizing and opportunities within the segment.
- Created revenue forecasts based on multiple scenarios.
- Developed and presented strategic entry options including M&A targets and organic growth channels.